Author: JW / / Latest News
Mansfield District Council has recently approved an ‘Economic Stimulus Fund’ which will provide grants for individuals looking to start a business within the district. The grant is available for individuals who take the legal form of a sole trader, partnership, limited company or social enterprise/CIC (Community Interest Company). Please note that any business that has already started trading will not be eligible for this grant.
A maximum of a £1,000 grant is available for any of the above. The grant can be used towards expenditure on the following:
- Capital Assets – eg plant, equipment or machinery. NB vehicles are excluded
- Office Equipment & furniture including the purchase and installation of computer systems
- Shop fittings including shelves, general refurbishment and counters
- Security equipment and installation
- Business stationary
- Advertising & other marketing costs including web design
Expenditure on all other revenue items is excluded.
To be able to receive this grant all applications must produce evidence that expenditure has been made by producing the following evidence:
- Receipted invoices
- Certified business bank statements in respect of payments made
Follow the link for the full guide: http://invest.ashfield-mansfield.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/MDC-Business-Start-Up-Grant-Scheme-Guidance1.pdf
For more information to see if you are eligible for funding please contact Caroline Lomas at the Ashfield & Mansfield Regeneration service on 01623 463174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stopfords offer a FREE flying start guide for any new business start-up follow the link to sign up to the guide: http://flying-start.net/